Systems EGR, DPF, DEF, SCR:
What harm they can cause to trucks and diesel engines?
According to the environmental standards set in European countries, emission of harmful substances must be maintained at a certain level. To control and neutralize exhaust gases, various control systems are embedded into cars.
EGR and SCR systems
There are two systems, which can be installed on trucks or diesel engines. They are used to neutralize the gases exhausted from cars. The EGR system is a system for recirculation of such gases.
In other words, by receiving certain signals the valve opens or closes and some part of the exhausted gases returns. Due to this, a fuel mixture for engine operation is formed again. The system is used to:
- Reduce the toxicity of exhaust gases.
- Introduce additional control over the ecological safety work of the vehicle.
- Reduce the detonation process and increase the efficiency of fuel combustion.
- Heat the input air path quickly.
The SCR system reduces nitrogen monoxide emissions and does not affect the work of engine. However, it is difficult to service it and the system is expensive.
This is due to the fact that the operation of this system requires the injection of urea (diesel exhaust fluid or DPF) together with diesel fuel. The level of injected urea may vary, because control is carried out by the dosing unit.
However, there are several factors that affect the consumption of urea:
* Temperature in neutralizer and external environment.
* Workload of the motor system.
* Frequency of the crankshaft rotation.
DPF, or particulate filter, can also be attributed to the cleaning system. This device is designed to reduce the amount of solid particles and soot exhausted into environment.
Damage to the DPF particulate filter results in:
1. Loss of thrust.
2. Increased fuel consumption.
3. Instability of idle speed.
It should be noted that recently DPF filters are being made disposable. However, regenerating ones are used in certain conditions. Their regeneration is possible due to the block management and it is real if certain conditions are met. At the same time, the DPF repairing cost is extremely high.
What problems can EGR, SCR, DPF and DEF cause
These systems have a significant impact on the truck performance, as they control the fuel. If EGR and SCR systems broke down, power is reduced by more than 40%.
When this occurs, malfunction codes become activated. Then the amount of the fuel injected into the cylinders reduces. As a result, the use of the vehicle is impossible, and the circumstances may be the following:
- Failure to deliver goods on time.
- Fuel consumption increasing.
- Cost of repairs increasing.
Note that in many countries there are no high standards for harmful exhaust gases.
As a result, the use of these systems is not only unprofitable, but also not reasonable. So, our company offers services for these systems deletion. Moreover, such work is carried out quickly and efficiently as we edit the original file in the electronic engine control unit. We provide an individual approach to each car. As the result:
* Exploitation period of the engine and the motor system will increase by 25%.
* Clients do not spend money on expensive repairs.
* Reliability of vehicle operation, as it will not fail in the middle of the way because of the EGR or SCR system fault.
Being our client, you receive high-quality services at low cost and in short terms. Our specialists have the necessary experience and knowledge, that’s why you can rely on us.